Brazil 2012: Private Equity and M&A Investment Activity in South America’s Largest Economy
a complimentary webinar by Merrill DataSite
Originally webcast on Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
In May of 2011, Merrill DataSite hosted a webinar on Brazil where the discussion focused on the major drivers which had contributed to the significant institutional investor interest the country was experiencing including its strong economy, vast natural resources and a growing middle class.
Fast forward to today and you’ll see a decided difference in investors’ perception of Brazil, fueled by fears of a slowing of its economy and the recent weakening of its currency. While some of the growth drivers have changed, the opportunity for foreign investment remains strong, particularly for investors that take a long-term view towards Brazil. These factors, combined with the strong investment and growth opportunities domestic companies are seeing globally, continue to position Brazil as the cornerstone of the South America’s economy.
What will be discussed:
1. What effect, if any, has the slowing of the World economy had on institutional interest and deal flow in Brazil?
2. Where does Brazil stand in terms of bolstering its infrastructure, where's the money coming from and is it sufficient to support the country's requirements? Does the upcoming World Cup and Olympic Games affect these efforts?
3. Where is deal flow the strongest when we compare large vs. middle-market companies?
4. Which industries (in Brazil?) are most active and are experiencing the strongest valuations?
5. Which countries are being most aggressive in pursuing, as well as successfully investing in Brazil and why?
6. The foundation to a successful cross border transaction is thorough due diligence to identify potential risks and opportunities. How can the legal, economic and political risks to pursuing a deal in Brazil be addressed during this process?
Our panel of international business experts will provide insights, ideas and resources to help you navigate world markets. The panel will include: Amaury Junior, Chief Investment Officer, Vision Brazil Investments; Matt Cole, Fund Portfolio Manager, North Bay Equity Partners; Maureen Downey, Principal, Pantheon Ventures; Vanessa Viana, Private Equity Manager, Banco Bradesco BBI S.A.