Countdown 2012: The Race to Complete Private Equity Exits
a complimentary online event with Merrill DataSite
Originally broadcast on Wednesday, October 24th 2012
As we race towards the finish line of 2012, private equity investors and related deal professionals are scrambling to complete outstanding transactions before the end of the year. Complete the transaction and you are a hero; fail to complete it and you face the prospect of the deal blowing up and the pain of missing year-end targets.
Even against the backdrop of a strengthening economy, 2012 has been a challenging year for private equity; the pace of P/E exits - including sales, mergers and IPOs - has been exceedingly slow throughout the year. In some instances it has been a valuation or financing issue, whereas in other situations the slowdown has been related to disagreements over the structure of the transaction. Finally, let's not underestimate the effect the negative perceptions created by the presidential campaigns has had on private equity.
While time may not be on your side, there are numerous ways to successfully complete private equity monetization before the ball drops in New York City's Times Square.
Topics and Questions That Will be Addressed:
- The unique tactics and deals structures being utilized to successfully bring transactions to completion
- Potential tax advantages if buyers and sellers complete transactions before December 31st.
- The potential effect that a party change in the White House might mean to private equity investments
A Panel Of Experts:
We have assembled a panel of experts to discuss what they're seeing in the market and how they're positioning themselves and advising their clients to successfully compete transactions.
- John Neuner IV, Managing Director, Harris Williams & Co.
- Gretchen B. Perkins, Senior Vice President, Huron Capital Partners
- Kevin M. Schmidt, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Stephen C. Hindmarch, Managing Director, Graycliff Partners