Increase the Speed of Your Due Dilligence Process – Complete the Due Diligence Checklist Fast and Easy
In the world of high-stakes M&A, execution is everything. Winners gain an edge by leveraging smart technology that transforms paper data rooms into virtual data rooms (VDRs), accessible via the Internet. Sellers save time, reduce costs and gain access to a wider audience of prospective buyers for all size deals in mergers and acquisitions.
Faster deals mean more productive investment bankers who can work more deals, more effectively and for more clients. And for sellers, improved transaction speed and transparent financial due diligence can translate into a more efficient due diligence checklist execution and overall deal process flow that can often lead to more opportunistic deal-making.
Employing Merrill DataSite VDR solution can help you accelerate deal time by providing a means to quickly scan and organize tens of thousands of documents into a centralized, indexed, searchable and secure online document repository, while executing on all points of the due diligence check list. These documents can be grouped into intuitive folders and made available for concurrent permission-based access by multiple individual buying teams – reducing financial due diligence time for each bidder and across the entire deal cycle.
Strategic and Financial Benefits:
- Quickly gather and organize information. For initial drafting sessions.
- Accelerate the review process. All the due diligence checklist items can be accessed and reviewed simultaneously by multiple parties, compressing the time required to complete financial due diligence.
- Seamlessly upload new information as it becomes available. Newly acquired asset(s) can be quickly added into a single, centralized repository, and viewers can instantly be alerted when new documents become available.
- Proactively manage working group activities. Merrill DataSite's tracking and audit tools make it easy to monitor progress and notify team members of outstanding due diligence checklist items that need to be examined or other tasks requiring special attention, helping to keep the project on schedule.
- Dramatically reduce labor and reprographic costs. Since all documents are stored online and can be printed on demand, the need to print large volumes of paper documents is virtually eliminated, saving time and expense.
- Work from anywhere. Travel time and costs are also reduced, since team members can log on and manage their work from any remote location globally.
- Greater speed to market. Your site can be up and running in two hours – and Merrill's document specialists can scan, upload and organize thousands of pages of content from any source in 24 hours or less.
- Accelerated due diligence review. Prospective buyers simply log into a secure Web browser at their convenience – anywhere, at any time. The entire process speeds up, since scheduled visits to a physical data room are no longer necessary. Travel time and costs are either completely eliminated or greatly reduced.
- Reduced deal costs. Clerical, staffing and security costs typically associated with hosting a physical data room are eliminated. Sites are maintained on secure Merrill servers and prospective buyers view information via a secure Merrill Viewer that requires no additional software installation.
- Greater competition. Sellers can invite multiple bidders to participate concurrently in the due diligence process – and potentially drive up asset valuation.
- On-demand reporting on user activity. Detailed audit reports show exactly what information has been reviewed and by whom – invaluable intelligence in determining viewer's true intent.
- Turnkey support. Merrill DataSite handles all aspects of the virtual data room and provides expert support so that your team can focus on the deal.
Meet more qualified buyers, reduce costs and save time with a more streamlined due diligence process in place. Exploring additional funding options for your company can be challenging, particularly when you are involved in managing day-to-day operations instead of being involved in completing the due diligence check list . If your time and resources are limited, Merrill DataSite, a secure virtual data room solution can be a tremendous asset.
A trusted partner
Merrill DataSite Virtual Data Room (VDR) is an online deal room that optimizes the due diligence process by transforming the traditional paper data room into a secure online data room, accessible via the Internet. Merrill DataSite offers a secure and highly efficient method of sharing critical business information for electronic due diligence in M&A advisory, banking M&A, mid market M&A review, transfer of small business ownership when selling a company, document warehousing, mergers and acquisitions due diligence, succession in family business or when buying a business, IPO and secondary offerings, asset purchases, venture capital due diligence, bio tech licensing, commercial and corporate real estate ventures, liquidations, bankruptcies, financial restructure, liquidation analysis for bankruptcy, corporate debt restructuring, preparing for exit strategies, and many other transactions that require.
Merrill Corporation has been a trusted provider of secure information services to Fortune 500 companies in the financial and legal industries for nearly 40 years. Since 2002, Merrill DataSite has empowered 1.6 million visitors to perform electronic due diligence on thousands of transactions totaling trillions of dollars in asset value.
It is at the core of Merrill DataSite's effort to share ideas and practices that can help organizations expand opportunities. Download and read a variety of documents for free, such as international surveys, summaries of field knowledge practical guides, and Case Studies of our clients and partners, from the DataSite Knowledge Center.