M&A Financing Trends 2013: Accessing takeover financing in the year ahead
A webcast from IFR, in association with Merrill DataSite
Original webcast on January 31st 2013
Panellists discussed a range of topics, including:
• Evaluating the outlook for M&A in 2013 and the availability of finance to fund it
• Will banks step up to the plate in an era of deleveraging?
• Optimising the funding mix. Is bridge-to-bond the only way to go?
• Corporate bond investors proved they were willing to provide financing in huge size in 2012. Will they support mega-capital raisings in M&A situations?
• Surveying private equity activity and the availability of leverage to finance LBOs
• What is the outlook for high-yield bond markets and leveraged lending?
• Will CLOs and hedge funds emerge as a viable source of takeover financing?
• Financing distressed asset sales in the eurozone
• Identifying global sectors and geographies for M&A activity