The pandemic has triggered restructurings and corporate defaults, with many sectors under stress and businesses clinging on to government support schemes.For bold credit investors, and specialized funds, the rise of NPLs presents an opportunity not seen since the 08/09 financial crisis, yet the circumstances, drivers and market conditions are different this time round.
Datasite in partnership with Financial Times Live, brought together industry leaders to help practitioners navigate and unpack the new NPL landscape.
- The pipeline ahead: which sectors, assets and geographies will be driving deal activity?
- To what extent can investors take lessons from the previous financial crisis to inform investment decisions?
- How did loans perform during and after the crisis?
- As government support schemes begin to wind down, what will be the impact on default levels and the ability of corporates to service debt?
- What role can technology play in streamlining the financing lifecycle of transactions?
Click below to view the recording.