In partnership with Mergermarket
M&A in APAC remained robust as dealmakers held their nerve despite signs of decelerating growth in Southeast Asia, stubborn inflation in some countries, and the prolonged lockdown by the Chinese government in Shanghai.
Despite a downturn in Chinese dealmaking, countries such as India and Australia have picked up the slack.
The impressive levels of technology, media & telecom (TMT) M&A activity in the first six months of 2022 may soon be superseded by industrial & chemicals (I&C) in the year's second half. The financial sector continued to be the top sector by volume in the region, far exceeding last year’s performance during the same period.
Dive into a sector-wise analysis of M&A in APAC and trends that will set the tone for dealmaking for the rest of the year in Deal Drivers: APAC HY 2022.
- APAC M&A Market Summary and Outlook
- APAC Heat Chart based on potential companies for sale
- APAC Top Deals in HY 2022
- League tables: Financial and legal advisers ranked by value and deal count
- Sector-by-Sector Analysis
- Top 10 deals across 7 sectors in APAC
- Quarterly M&A activity by value and deal count