In partnership with Mergermarket, a service of ION Analytics
With the threat of recession failing to metastasize into a full-blown economic contraction, the global economy demonstrated that it was much more challenging than most might have expected. M&A in APAC in H1 2023 was marked by a slowdown in big-ticket deals and resilience in mid-sized transactions.
Sector-wise, industrials & chemicals (I&C) leapfrogged ahead stuttering technology, media, and telecommunication (TMT) to become the standout sector in H1, amid significant declines in APAC dealmaking value and volumes across most other industries.
Have a much more granular look at the sector-wise analysis of M&A in APAC and learn about the emerging trends for the rest of the year in our Deal Drivers: APAC HY 2023 report.
- APAC M&A Market Summary and Outlook
- APAC Heat Chart based on potential companies for sale
- APAC Top Deals in H1 2023
- League Tables: Top financial, legal, PR, and PE advisers by value and deal count
- Sector-by-Sector Analysis
- Top 10 Deals by sector: consumer; energy, mining & utilities; financial services; industrials & chemicals; pharma, medical & biotech; real estate; telecoms, media & technology
- Quarterly M&A activity by value and deal count